Monday, 13 October 2008

Network Meeting Vilnius

Just before the Agora I attended the NWM in Vilnius as the CD representative. 15 participants who wanted to develop their competencies on training and learn more about AEGEE met in Vilnius, where the Network Commission and AEGEE-Vilnius were organising Autumn Network Meeting "Meet the Network!".

In three days the participants and trainers took part in workshops about AEGEE in general, Project management and our European bodies. Through group work, case studies and theoretical presentations participants improved the most important skills of running an AEGEE antenna. During the second day we asked the participants to show their theoretical skills in the practical part, called "PR action in the streets", where they and also us were approaching Lithuanian youth, telling them about AEGEE and asking for their emails for follow-up and joining AEGEE.


In the social part of the Network Meeting the organisers took us to know the most beautiful parts of Vilnius, told us about their countries and cultures. The participants went outside in the night around the city and of course tried to integrate better with the lovely capital of Lithuania, Vilnius.

This NWM helped especially Baltic locals to integrate better and supported to a more open and friendly environment between themselves. Also this was a good experience for AEGEE-Vilnius, organizing such an important event on European level.. As well as these, I had the chance to talk to Maria Morozova from PRWG , Konstantin from VF WG, Anita from NetCom and Alicja from ITWG.

I would like to thank Anita Kalmane for her contribution in this article.



1 comment:

  1. Ciao Percin!

    First of all great idea with CD blog - I'm subscribed via RSS and it's fun to read the network news from time to time.

    In the slideshow to this post there was a photo with what-I-gues--is-a-quiz on AEGEE (Who is the current president? etc). I'd love to take a look a look at the whole thing, as we though of making one for our local. Who can I contact to get it?

    Greets from Kyiv!
    Maria Dubrovska
    AEGEE-Kyiv

    P.S. I can imgine you're cleaning out the basement now but still : )

    ReplyDelete