Wednesday, 6 May 2009

Mexican times

Yesterday I was quite convinced to be the first case in Belgium with the Swine Flu (aka H1N1). With all other CD members out on meetings or traveling, Ivonne and I took a recovery day which consisted basically of shopping for fruits etc. She did some gardening, I sent out the website poll. Dragan came back from Paris and tried to relax and watch some TV, until I came to bother him about a workshop to be given at the EU Russia conference. Bedtime: 1.00 am. 

Today we were supposed to have CD meeting at 10.00 am, but somehow most of the CD was now infected with Swine Flu and in coma. Percin was up on time and went to the conference to help them out. Dragan and I also joined for a few hours to give a workshop on advocacy methods for youth. Me mostly as background decoration, but OK. 

Coming back to the house, I cooked dinner, something Mexican, to celebrate the fact that I probably don't have Swine Flu but a normal one, and am feeling much better now. 

Ivonne said several times that she particularly liked the tortilla chips, which I didn't make, but came straight out of a bag. She still has something to learn about appreciation. 

Now it's almost 10 pm. Everybody is still in the office. CD-elect Denis came by to say hi and deal with some visa issues. We are listening to eurovision songs. Norway is particularly popular, though Percin keeps cheering for the Turkish entry which is in fact a Belgian girl. 




One more calm day tomorrow (though with a LOT of work, uffff) and then again a crazy weekend with way too many visitors.

4 comments:

  1. Wait wait wait i explain: there's something you should know about me and that workshop: Robin made me do it because I am an "expert"

    And more importantly I want to say that me as a Computer Scientist at a tender age of 25 support unconditionaly the "beutiful Tena"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGedZt6Kz5I

    ReplyDelete
  2. regarding Eurovision.. Turkey definitely has a nice song and I am sure she will be at least in top 5 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Case-Study-Trip-Brussels, you are rigth but also this Greek guy will make it into top 5 for sure

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIDRNRhE2pg

    ReplyDelete
  4. yvonne, behave!
    u will eat what is on the table..
    dont make me come there!
    no desert, no youtube and straight to bed!

    ReplyDelete