...have a ride on new UCL IT services!
In the super-organised University College London, out of the people I know, not more than 10% managed to submit autonomously their course choices online, whereas not less than 100% had problems with them.
The reply to my inquiry was:
Dear Tena,
I've tried replicating your problem and the problem I have is even worse than yours.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
But at least privacy in the UK is for sure taken seriously?
Ehm... the amount of compulsory information asked to submit left myself puzzled.
But certainly everybody is going crazy and shouting out loud, as the deadline for submission of the courses already passed?
Well, no.
New systems require some patience.
Teachers are annoyed, but - If there was no Portico, one should invent it. - they say.
If there was no intranet, one should invent it.
Tuesday, 6 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If AEGEE has no IT services at all anymore, ITWG will build them. Pity the money that was requested from European Commission has been wasted (also predicted a year ago by ITWG, these people can look in future, I tell you).
ReplyDeletePity? Hmmm maybe not so anonymous :P
ReplyDeleteInteresting, one can use the Intranet - but the ITWG now maintains that AEGEE has no IT services at all anymore.
ReplyDeleteFortunately, in an association of 10.000+ people, we do have these 2 who know better and can see stuff that other people cannot!! Or better, they cannot see what all others can (the Intranet).
Ahahah I love ITWG! If Wim did not exist, you should invent him :)