Friday, 18 September 2009

New job, new friends?

I'm becoming quite painfully aware of the fact that my dear ex-colleagues are all still enjoying freedom and summer. While I am stuck behind this computer all day. Unfair.

Just about an hour ago it came to my mind that maybe when getting a new job and trying to have a structured, responsible and serious lifestyle - one should also get new friends.

Last night around midnight, when I was sleeping:
- Ivonne calls to update me on love
- Percin calls because Manos and him are lost somewhere in the outskirts of Leuven

This morning my super cool successor in AEGEE writes me:

"Write your name on your bell! - so that if your friends want to drop by you at 1 in the morning, because they were at the bar next to your place, and have no money on their mobile phone, can still do so! Because your friends do know you like spontaneaus visitors! :) :)"

And while at work:
- Ivonne calls me several times to update me again on love

People, really, seriously, how am I supposed to become a boring career woman like this?

2 comments:

  1. yeah, sorry, my idea..
    i was pushing them to ring your bell, and then sneeked away into another disco :p
    thijs

    ReplyDelete
  2. scandalous! and you're a two-time AEGEE-member of the week? pfff. some rolemodel!

    ReplyDelete